Friday 12 September 2014

Why we’re yet to approve $1bn insurgency loan — Sen Ndoma-Egba



I have always known the governor to be a stickler for law and the constitution. And nothing has happened to make me change that opinion. I know that he is somebody who respects the law and the constitution. It  will be quite strange in my view if he has anything to do with it. I have no evidence to that effect and I don’t believe he will be behind any unconstitutional move. It was alleged that your problem with the governor started when it was rumoured that you are behind the governorship aspiration  of Mr. Goddy  Agba. There is no such thing. Becoming governor requires a process. So how do you bring out somebody without following the rules? And I have said it again and again that I have no hand in it. The President has confirmed  that  no such thing happened. I have never taken anybody to the President. What is your take on the new zoning formula of your party? The caucuses have no powers to zone. The constitution clearly spelt out their powers. It is just an advisory body in the PDP constitution. In the Electoral Act, a candidate can only emerge through primaries. The way positions have been shared in my senatorial district is between old Ikom and old Obubra.  That has not changed and any day the Senate seat leaves old Ikom, it is supposed to go to old Obubra. Why is it that despite the prominent positions you and others occupy in the National Assembly, the Federal road from Calabar to Obubra has remained in a bad shape? I think the proper place to get an answer to that is the Federal Ministry of Works because I have done what we are supposed to do. 
Vanguard Newspaper


No comments:

Post a Comment